2012/11/14

FtM Trans: Natural Transitioning Tips/Techniques

Hi, everyone! Matt here.

So, I don't usually post anything related to me being trans', and transitioning (since there isn't any transition at the moment)... but I feel like I should. It just might help someone else who has unsupportive parents and is too young to drive to a place themselves to get HRT, etc...

So, how many of you have unsupportive parents? I know I do. My entire family (except for the ones who don't know) is against me on this so I'm on the road alone. Its hard, but I survive (Just like in Fallout NV when I was on the road in the wasteland alone!). Maybe you're too young to drive somewhere to get HRT or even SRS. Or maybe you're old enough to drive, but you prefer to have or need to have a parent/guardian with you if you're under 18.

Well, since we're in the same boat (maybe), I'm gonna help y'all out if I can. It is possible to do a natural transition.

Now, I don't know if this is just ironically for me, or if it may work for others. You can decide that for yourself.

Okay. So, I was "blessed" with a naturally deeper-than-usual voice. Throughout the years, its actually gotten deeper. My mom's friend said "Its starting to sound more womanly" but in reality, it wasn't. It was just getting deeper! And you know, with daily practice, you can get your voice preeetttty deep yourself. For me, I'm not entirely sure how it happened, it just did. I've gradually lowered it from time to time purposely and its deepened a bit on its own. I sing, as well, so obviously I want my voice lower for that so it doesn't sound girly. I've gotten some lower-pitched songs and practiced singing them. My voice isn't low enough for my liking, but still! Honestly, though... About 2-3 years ago, when we first moved into this house, I went upstairs to sing in the empty room. First time ever trying to sing and upload it to YouTube, okay? And honestly? My God, my voice was high. Like, it was at least 5 pitches higher than it is now. I could sing Vocaloid songs (for example) in a very high, feminine voice. Nobody would believe me if I said "Hey, I'm a guy! But this is my voice!" And now? Take 9 Crimes for example. Damien sings it decently low-ish. Well, I think I sang one octave lower than that. So you can tell how low my voice can get.

First time I skyped with my friend Sam, I said something and she froze and was like, "Ohhh my God! Your voice! Oh my fucking God. That is the lowest voice I've ever heard for a pre-T trans' person."

That was quite the compliment! :) So... Most ftm-trans' people unfortunately have very feminine voices. So you can kind of guess the depth of my voice.

So, just practice lowering it with techniques on a daily basis, and trust me, it will lower. If you're sick, it will lower. Hey! I have strep throat right now (Its either strep throat or tonsillitis. The symptoms are too similar so I can't tell  which it is) and I woke up after 3 hours only, intense heartburn, burning throat, and I had lost my voice. I tried talking and the little bits that came out? Dear God, it was the lowest my voice has ever gotten. I mean, it was low. I almost wished my voice would permanently stay that way (but i know if it did, then it meant I had eternally-fucked-up vocal chords).

Another little technique that I've noticed. Inhalers are generally used for people with asthma or people with breathing problems (such as myself) and I discovered the other day, when my throat was really tight and I couldn't swallow, that when I take an inhaler (1-4 puffs), my throat opens a lot more. Obviously... that's what an inhaler does. But~! My voice lowered because it was more open. So, I wouldn't recommend taking an inhaler unless you actually need it, but they do open your throat and vocal chords more.

If my throat didn't hurt so much and I didn't sound so nasally, I would sing every low-pitched song I've ever wanted to sing right now. My voice is significantly lower. Even right now, its pretty low. o.o Not as low as when I temporarily lost my voice, but its definitely 2 or 3 pitches lower than my natural voice.

So that's that.

As for other things... I'm not entirely sure why. Do female bodies have a tiny bit of testosterone? Testosterone is a male hormone, but... its been said that females have a little bit of it in them, too. Only a tiny bit, though. Well... Somehow, being masculine and forcing it every day for the past 2 or 3 years, well... I don't mean to be explicit, but... The hair on my legs, thighs, pelvic region, arms, and (very thin hair here) stomach grows increasingly fast. I can shave one day, and it'll be back to about one centimetre long or so 4-6 days later. Also, I've noticed, the more heat you keep on your legs, the faster the hair grows. I always wear socks, and whenever I have a shower, I notice that my leg down to my ankle where my sock was previously, there's a lot more hair there than there is higher up. :P

Still, not too big of a fan of body hair... so I prefer to be clean shaven, but its annoying to shave so often.

Oh! Shall I bring up the 'moustache' and 'beard'? For awhile now, hair has been growing on my chin. Not a lot.. its usually only about 7 or 8 little hairs maximum, but they're about 1cm long 2 weeks after shaving it off or plucking it out. And the "peach fuzz"? I've been letting it grow for quite some time. But about a week ago, I decided to "shave" it off. I was clean-shaven ;) .... But oh my God. Its grown right back to how long it was before, and a tad thicker, only a week or so later. The hair isn't long, but its thicker and definitely visible. o.o

My skin is becoming a bit more oily and rough, too. These are all signs of being on testosterone! But I'm not on T shots yet. o.O So what the hell, guys?

I can't explain that, but... Try shaving your little 'peach fuzz' off. See if it grows back. It will grow back a tad thicker, believe it or not.

Now... One more tip. There's this stuff by Natural Remedies. On the little bottle, it says "Fertile XY". Its supposed to increase, yet normalize natural testosterone levels and induce fertile ability (and its recommended for your female partner to take the Fertile XX to induce fertility or something). Okay, it says nothing about testosterone being in it. I don't think they'd sell bottles of testosterone on store shelves. That's prescription-only (Hence, why I'm not getting HRT yet).

But... There's something about it! You get a glass of water (preferably 8oz. so you can't taste the stuff) and you put 15-20 drops in the water. Mix it up and drink it. Its recommended to do it 3 times daily but I don't do it that often. Well, what I've discovered...?

This stuff works. Even for ftm-trans' people who aren't on T or getting SRS yet. I don't know why but it works. I've only had it twice in the past 5-8 days, but... I've gotta tell ya. Its made a voice a teeny tiny bit lower (barely), its made hair grow quicker (body hair I mean. Its caused the little 'moustache' to grow a lot faster), and... I don't mean to set anybody off, but... Holy shit, my libido is sky-rocketing (compared to how it usually is). Seriously. On average, (sorry, don't mean to be personal and explicit, but...) I 'get off' maybe... once every other night to three times a week or so. It all depends / varies. But Jesus Christ, guys. I'm serious. Two nights ago, I 'got off' three fricken times in one hour. I was just so damn horny. ;__;

So, if you want some natural transition goin' on, practice on lowering your voice daily. Not once a month. Do it every day or at least twice a week. And do everything possible that's considered masculine. It helps. I don't know why, but it does. And consider trying out that Natural Remedies Fertile XY stuff. It does wonders for some odd reason. :P

I wish you all luck! And hopefully you can all get on HRT and get SRS soon (as well as myself! I'm sending my dad a letter, hoping he can accept me and take me to St Catharines. By the way, if you're in Ontario, screw Toronto. Go to St Catharines to Quest. They're amazing. I had a few trans' friends who have gone there and they all say they're amazing, friendly, 100% supportive and accepting and will help you through anything.)

Bye, everyone :)

~Matt


No comments:

Post a Comment